Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Big PAUSE!


.......السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I am sorry for the late update. As what we are concern, Mt. Merapi erupted for quite several days, until on 5th November, the eruption was at its highest. And in today's news, Mt. Merapi still erupting and shooting ash even though not as heavy as before. This was my first experience of volcanic eruption. I could hear the thunderous Merapi late that night, around 12-1 a.m. Me and my housemates could feel the windows and floor shaking. Frankly, I was really afraid at that time that i thought we were having volcanic earthquake. Suddenly the news reported that we were also having the gravel and volcanic ash rain that early morning.

The next day, we supposed to have a Guest Lecture and Clinical Audit Practical Session, but we had been told that all classes have been canceled due to the Mt. Merapi eruption. Area safe for the refugees then was changed from outside the 15 km radius, to the outside radius of 20 km from the the mountain. That morning, we also receive SMS from the committee that told all the Malaysian students will be evacuated to Solo.

On the journey to Solo, the chief of the committee again told us that we were going to be sent home (Malaysia) using the military plane. It took us 3days before we were sent by TUDM (Tentera Udara Diraja Malaysia), Charlie-130. I was relieved, yet sad at the same time as it was hard for me to leave Jogja. I studied in Jogja for almost 4years since 2007. Many good things, and sweet memories happened in Jogja. Now my body are in Malaysia, but my mind and my heart are still in Jogja. I hope it will stay as it is when I came back from Malaysia later. My prayer will always be with you!

p/s: I do not have internet connection these few days, but I will try to update my blog soon.


Pray for Merapi to 'behave'....





No comments:

Post a Comment